Hi everyone, I have been exploring new features introduced in Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Operations and getting familiar with the look and feel of new UI. Today, I came across another comprehensive and wonderful feature within project accounting and management module.
In Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Operations, a new feature is introduced where a user can select multiple legal entities, where he/she can mark more than one legal entities to get the list of projects details based on whichever legal entities are selected (was not feasible in previous standard versions of AX)
Question 1: How is it possible?
Answer: This requires a less amount of effort to achieve this particular objective.
Question 2: How we will do it?
Answer: I will take you to the examples to understand it completely.
Let me clear the doubts on how it is possible and how we will achieve it.
Navigate to: Organization administration > Organizations > Organization hierarchies.
- Click New to add a new hierarchy i.e. Contoso Consulting Head-office (USA)
- Click on Assign purpose, the form will redirect you to the Organization hierarchy purpose
Note: This is an out of the box form where purposes for every modules are pre-configured and they are all standard as well as non-customizable purposes.
- Select Project management hierarchy purpose and click on Add under assigned hierarchies’ grid and assign an organization hierarchy i.e. Contoso Consulting Head-office (USA)
- Click Set as default to make it a default hierarchy
- Click on View hierarchy to not only view the hierarchy but to design it
- Click on Edit and then on Insert to add legal entity i.e. USSI and then click on Insert again to add other legal entities to be added within this hierarchy
- For instance, I am currently logged into USSI legal entity, I consider to declare USSI (USA) legal entity as my Head-office and I will add other legal entities such as JPMF (Japan), DEMF (Germany), MXMF (Mexico), SAMF (Saudi Arabia), MYMF (Malaysia) and RUMF (Russia)
- Once the hierarchy is designed, Save the record and click on Publish, provide effective date and publish the hierarchy.
Note: This selection will enable a hierarchy view of all these specified legal entities within the legal entity drop dialogue on the ‘All project’ list page i.e. legal entities such as JPMF, DEFM, MXMF, SAMF, MYMF and RUMF meaning that the details of projects from of all these legal entities can be viewed at the same time without the hassle of changing legal entities again and again.