It has been a long time since I wrote anything to share some support experiences. So, Today I came across an issue which is indeed a common but a tricky one.
At one of my clients, we make a use of Enterprise Portal where user claims their expense via EP, users make attachments of different file types with expense reports as a part of their normal process.
However, when attaching a file type (in my case) “PDF” I was receiving an error “File overwrite is not allowed”. Though, there are new duplication or overriding I was attempting.
Strangely, the problem persist due to number sequence of the document handling that sometimes conflicts with the file type when setup “Continuous”, so above mentioned steps are the fastest way to get rid of such hassles.
Nevertheless, I figured it out with one workaround that I would like to suggest so that others also take the benefit.
- Go to Organization administration > Common > Number sequence.
- Select “Document Management” in the area path on the number sequence list page.
- Clear “Status list” > CLT+A and hit F9 to delete the list.
- Untick continuous check box.
- Clear usage data.
- Clear EP cache (System Admin can perform this through EP Home page, all caches needs to be deleted i.e. AOD, Data and dictionary).
- Restart IIS and SharePoint Central Administration services.
Once all the above mentioned steps are performed , given another try to attach the file and see how it works.
I will continue to explore the reasoning and the details and keep you all updated..
Happy DAxing ….!! 🙂