MS Dynamics AX offers the de-receipting and return order functionality in AX 2012 as well with some enhanced interface. However, as carried from the previous version we need to keep two things in mind;
- When the order is “Received” the products needs to be de-receipted.
When the order is “Invoiced” we need to create the return order to reverse the entries before we cancel the purchase order.
- Create a Purchase requisition from a project
- Approve the purchase requisition workflow.
- Go to Procurement and Sourcing Module and go to Released approved purchase requisitions.
- Confirm the purchase requisition by creating a purchase order from it.
- Go back to Project management and accounting module and select your project for which the purchase order has been created.
- Select the Project and go to Manage
- Click on Item task in the related information section and click on Purchase order.
- Go to Purchase tab and click on Confirm in order to confirm the PO.
- Go to Receive Tab and click on “Product Receipt”.
- Post the Receipt of the product..
- Check the committed cost against the project.
- Now go back to the purchase order.
- Click on “Receive” tab.
- Go to Receipt journal.
- Select the line in the journal and click “Correct”.
- In the QTY column, enter the QTY enter 0 or whatever the QTY that needs to be reversed.
(e.g. if we have 50 QTY and only 25 QTY needs to be reversed (de-receipted) then enter 25 in the QTY column and the Reversed QTY column will be updated automatically with the remaining 25 QTY.
- Posting the correction (de-receipting) QTY will change the PO status back to “Open”.
- Now go to purchase order tab and click “cancel”.
- Check the status after cancelling, workflow status will be “Draft” and Purchase order status will become “Cancelled”.
- No go back to the project and check the committed cost, it should have been reverted that was generated due to this PO.